Please Join us as PastorFloyd Hughes brings us a message from 2 Corinthians 6:1-3, “The Blessed Golden Moment.”
Join us as Pastor FLoyd Highes brings the message “I’m Not a Fan” from Matthew 16:21-27
Please Join us as Floyd Hughes speaks to us from: Matthew 11:20-30
Please Join us as Pastor Floyd Hughes Speaks to us abour Finding Peace in this crazy world from Isaiah 26:1-4
Join us as Missionaries Mark and Linda Louw speak with on what God is doing in Asia.
Please Join us as Pastor Floyd Hughes Speaks to us about Jesus.
Join us as Rev. Floyd Hughes brings us this mornings message from 1 John 1:1-10
The Incarnation of the Word of Life
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. 3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.
Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness
5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Join us as Guest Speaker Pastor Floyd Hughes brings us today’s Message.
WE CELEBRATE 95 YEARS AS A CHURCH TODAY!
Exodus 12:14-15 “This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord — a lasting ordinance.
Ex 12:24-28 “Obey these instructions as a lasting ordinance for you and your descendants. When you enter the land that the Lord will give you as he promised, observe this ceremony. And when your children ask you, ‘What does this ceremony mean to you?’ then tell them, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice to the Lord, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt and spared our homes when he struck down the Egyptians.'” Then the people bowed down and worshiped. The Israelites did just what the Lord commanded Moses and Aaron.
WHAT IS THE CHURCH?
- To most, a building
- To some, denomination or organization
- To some, their group at the church building
- It is all this and more
WHO WERE THOSE WHO STARTED OUR BUNCH?
- A group of people who loved God and chose to become Nazarenes
- They agreed to the Nazarene doctrines and polity
- They chose to accept the Nazarene code of ethics
- They accepted the mission and purposes to walk with God and reach new people to do the same
- They committed to support the church financially, participated in its mission to spread the “Good News” to the community, and endeavored to grow in their faithful walk with God every day
- We are still accepting the same challenges today and committing to faithfully serving God daily
THERE ARE TWO THINGS THAT COME TO MIND ABOUT OUR CHURCH
SOME THINGS SHOULD NEVER CHANGE; SOME THINGS WILL ALWAYS CHANGE; WE NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
- SOME THINGS ARE TO NEVER CHANGE!
- God is Almighty and it is HIS church and we are HIS people
- God loves and cares desperately about ALL His people
- God wants to be our life’s traveling Partner
- God has a plan for our life and He is the center of it
- God’s Word never changes
- God will honor and fulfill his promises
- We are ALWAYS powerless to meet our every need
- God wants his people to WANT to serve him because they love him and trust him
- The message and mission of our church to faithfully serve God; obey his commands; and love people must never change
- SOME THINGS WILL ALWAYS CHANGE
- Our journey will ALWAYS be a challenge; sometimes up, sometimes down
- There will always be changes in the people make up of a church
- The commitment level of a church is constantly in flux
- Yesterday’s blessing is a great memory but it will not be adequate for today’s challenges
- Our programs, methods, art forms, will constantly change (not the mission nor the message)
- Music will change; it always has
- Our facilities will need to change
- The way we dress will change;
- Our communication devises will change (technology)
Today’s special episode of PlazNaz Kidz Talk includes a brief message from Pastor Floyd, and then Pastor Sean talks about the Church’s 95th Anniversary!